Nogales High School Graduation Recognition - Guidelines
Congratulations Class of 2020! We are very excited to be able to provide a physical recognition program at the close of your senior year. It is unfortunate we will not be able to hold a traditional gathering, but this event will give you the moment of crossing the graduation stage and memorializing that moment. In an effort to provide for a safe recognition program that meets health requirements, we have established a set of guidelines to follow for this event. Please make sure to read through all of the items as a family, as everyone will be expected to adhere to these guidelines:
- Graduates and families are expected to follow all directions/directives given by NHS staff.
- Entry into the parking lot at Nogales Street
- One car per family. If there is a situation where there is a need for two cars (i.e. divorce in the family) it must be pre-approved and this can be done through Eva Chavira by email at email@example.com or by phone at (626) 965-3437. Please notify us if you will not have a vehicle to use that day so we can make proper arrangements to accommodate your family. These situations must be communicated by 3:00pm June 3rd.
- No large vehicles such as limousines, buses, motorhomes, etc. will be allowed in the parking lot, as they will not through the driving path.
- No passengers are allowed to ride inside of truck beds.
- Please adhere to the established times by alpha breakdown:
- Vehicles should have a piece of paper with the graduate’s Last Name, First Name printed and displayed in the front window.
- Students will wear their Cap & Gown to the recognition and there is to be NO modification of the Cap & Gown (i.e. decorated caps). Students that have modified attire will not be allowed on the stage.
- Graduates can only wear school-issued academic sashes, medals, and cords while on stage (any other items will be required to stay inside the vehicle)
- Graduates are the only ones to exit the vehicle and should be seated on the passenger side at a seat with an accessible door.
- Graduates must wear their face covering and gloves the whole time (provided at check-in).
- We ask that noise producing items (i.e. loud sound systems, air horns) are not used during the recognition as we will be calling names and want to be respectful to all students and families.
- We ask that anything that creates a “mess” not be brought or used on school grounds (i.e. confetti cannons).