Welcome to the Sports Health Care Home Page
Hi Everyone! I am Naclaysia McGee, MS ATC. I am entering my fifth year as the certified athletic trainer and sports healthcare teacher here at Nogales. I graduated from California State Northridge with a BS in kinesiology, and California Baptist University with a MS in Athletic Training.
This Is our class page and it will be constantly updated with assignments and lectures.
What is athletic training?
Athletic training encompasses the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of emergent, acute or chronic injuries and medical conditions. Athletic training is recognized by the American Medical Association (AMA), Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as an allied health care profession.
Sports Health is a year long course that includes but is not limited to:
- Orientation and evaluation
- Roles and responsibilities
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Assessment of vital signs
- Immediate and temporary care
- Exercise physiology; rehabilitative exercise
- Cardiovascular training
- Therapeutic modalities
- Facility management
- Ankle, foot and lower leg injuries
- Knee and thigh injuries
- Wrist and hand injuries elbow and shoulder; head, neck and back injuries
- Employment literacy
- Personal skills related to employment
- Interpersonal skills and group dynamics
- Thinking and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
Students will spend time in the classroom and on the field to utilize and practice skills learned in the classroom in real world experiences.
Students who complete Sports Health will learn problem solving, and critical thinking skills, increase communication and collaboration within diverse populations, demonstrate creativity and innovation, behave as responsible and professional citizens, and develop personal educational and career goals.
I am looking forward to a great year together!