The Great Gatsby- Week 1
Below is the first week's schedule for The Great Gatsby. You will be given a calendar for the entire unit, which will include quiz dates, test dates, project due dates, and assignment topics. Because you are informed of the quiz dates in advance, you will NOT BE ALLOWED to make up quizzes, no matter what the excuse for the absence. Plan your days accordingly, and you should avoid be tardy or absent for any reason. If you do miss a day of class, it will be your responsibility to make up the work within one day of the absence. If you "forget" and do not make up the work, you will have to accept the zero you will earn. Because all assignments will be posted and are outlined on the calendar, you will be responsible for getting each assignment on your own time.
1. Book checkout at Library @ beginning of period --> 4 points for having ID and getting book, 0 points if no ID and no book.
2. Introduction to The Great Gatsby
3. Review of reading calendar and quiz schedule
1. Gatsby Introduction- Anticipation Guide
2. Juvenile Justice Essay- Final Draft discussion
3. Read Chapter One together- prep for quiz on Wednesday
1.Chapter One quiz
2. Beginning of The Great Gatsby background notes
3. POV handouts- character analysis
1. Introduction of The Great Gatsby powerpoint (WWI and Prohibition)
2. Read- if time permits
1. Chapter 2 quiz
2. Turn in Juvenile Justice Essay in Google Classroom
3. Great Gatsby Notes- F. Scott Fitzgerald