Nogales High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
| Login
Financial Aid » AB 540 and Dream Act

AB 540 and Dream Act

Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) allows students that have been born outside the United States, or are not California residents, to enroll in college as a resident, (for tuition purposes), if you meet ALL of the following:

  • Attend and graduate from a California high school for at least three years
  •         If you do not graduate, receive a GED or pass the California High School Proficiency Exam
  •         Registered in a public institution of higher education
  •         Complete an affidavit confirming residential status


The California Dream Act will allow students that qualify under AB 540 to apply for state financial aid, campus based aid, and scholarships.

To apply for state and campus based aid, visit

Remember, DO NOT SUBMIT, without your counselor checking your application!  However, please feel free to refer to our AB 540/Dream Act Resource page for further assistance.