What is AVID?
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a college readiness program designed to increase the number of students who are accepted and enrolled in four-year colleges. AVID focuses on the least served students in the academic middle and we work together to raise our expectations for students. With the AVID support system put in place, it is our goal and mission to have all students rise to the challenge and attend a four-year college.
Closing the Achievement Gap
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, and satisfactory attendance and citizenship
- Maintain enrollment in college prep courses (including honors, AP, and IB)
- Must complete A-G courses with a C or better
- Must be an active learner, prepared for all classes, with homework complete, and must be an active participant.
- Prepare for and take college entrance exams (SAT and/or ACT).
AVID Elective Staff
- Dr. Esther Jang-Tamanaha (Vice Principal)
- Ms. Kristie Bergslien (Counselor)
- Ms. Wendy Mumaw (Co-Coordinator/Elective Teacher)
- Mrs. Chloe Bogosian (Co-Coordinator/Elective Teacher)
- Mrs. Jacqueline Lawrence (Elective Teacher)
- Ms. Fiona Rizzo (Elective Teacher)