It is my pleasure to introduce this top notch program to you. The IB Diploma Program is the #1 educational program in the world. It is also the most challenging and rigorous program available to 11th and 12th grade students worldwide. Nogales was granted authorization to implement the IB Program by the International Baccalaureate visiting committee in 2000 and is one of over 5000 schools across the globe that offer this amazing program.
Benefits of the IB
- Research shows that IB students complete college faster than their peers, feel better prepared for college-level coursework, and are more prepared to cope with demanding workloads and time-management challenges.
- IB students get to participate in an educational program where they are encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning.
- Passing individual IB exams or earning the IB diploma can potentially earn students college credit.
- IB students are exposed to an international perspective in their education.
- IB students develop stronger critical thinking skills than those in non-IB programs.
Please read on to find out more about the opportunities that IB brings to our students and to our school.
Coordinator, International Baccalaureate
Nogales High School
IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.